Muat-riya
Fellahin
my story's gonna end with me dead
241 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Private 
For @Khusobek <3
Set shortly after this thread

The tranquility of night had settled over the palace, casting a serene stillness in the blue-lit corridors. A soft chorus of slumbering breaths filled the halls, blending with the faint whisper of a cool breeze filtering through the limestone. But Machiavelli remained awake. His paws moved soundlessly across the smooth stone floor as he slipped through the passageways, a shadow amidst shadows, until he arrived outside of the Mazoi's chamber.

With a slow, controlled breath, Machi tilted his head slightly, as if weighing the wisdom of disturbing the peace he was about to interrupt. Still, there were things that needed to be said, and for once, he felt the pressing urge to speak them.

Khusobek, he called softly, his voice a low murmur that barely disturbed the night air, yet it carried enough weight to reach the seasoned guard within. May I have a moment of your time?

For a moment, only silence greeted him, and Machi steeled himself. He knew, perhaps better than anyone, that he was the last creature Khusobek would want to see at this hour—or any hour, for that matter. Yet there he stood, tail low, head dipped slightly in a show of reluctant humility. The uneasy, forced peace between them was fragile, but if there was any chance of mending what had been broken, this was where it had to start.

suck the rot right out of my bloodstream
Messages In This Thread
Dinner & Diatribes - by Machiavelli - September 09, 2024, 08:13 PM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Khusobek - September 10, 2024, 11:00 AM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Machiavelli - September 10, 2024, 02:09 PM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Khusobek - September 11, 2024, 10:38 AM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Machiavelli - September 12, 2024, 04:55 PM