Two Eyes Cenote Dinner & Diatribes
Muat-riya
Fellahin
my story's gonna end with me dead
241 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
I wish to offer my sincerest apologies for what occured that day in the prison, Machi began, his voice quieter than usual, yet holding a sincerity that could not be easily dismissed. He hesitated for a moment, opal eyes meeting Khusobek’s glacial blue, searching for any sign that he might continue.

If no immediate protest came, he would press on, his words measured. It has lingered on my mind for quite some time, though I made no effort to apologize. I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that it would be... unwanted. The dog paused briefly, his gaze steady but cautious. However, after speaking with Safiya, I was convinced to try.

He could not be certain Khusobek cared to hear the reasoning behind what had transpired, yet Machi continued anyway. His tone was measured, though the vulnerability beneath it was apparent. It was my mistaken belief that I was to be handed over to Herod. I sought to provoke your anger, hoping you might... beat me. Herod only values that which is untouched— unblemished. The bitterness in his voice, though subtle, crept into his words, a wound reopened.

I... cannot say that I regret what I did, given what I believed at the time, as I was acting under the assumption that the Hebsut had sent you with the intention of... interrogation, he added delicately, leaving unsaid the darker implications that hung between them. There was a brief pause as the half-breed gathered his thoughts before he concluded, softer now, I am truly sorry, however, that my schemes brought you unnecessary trouble.

I do not expect a response, the dog added after a moment. However, I thank you for listening, he finished, bowing his head respectfully, and awaiting dismissal.

suck the rot right out of my bloodstream
Messages In This Thread
Dinner & Diatribes - by Machiavelli - September 09, 2024, 08:13 PM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Khusobek - September 10, 2024, 11:00 AM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Machiavelli - September 10, 2024, 02:09 PM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Khusobek - September 11, 2024, 10:38 AM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Machiavelli - September 12, 2024, 04:55 PM