Two Eyes Cenote Dinner & Diatribes
Muat-riya
Fellahin
my story's gonna end with me dead
241 Posts
Ooc — Sprout
Machi stood, waiting for the dismissal that didn’t come. Slowly, he raised his gaze once more, opalescent eyes meeting the Mazoi's steady gaze where the hint of a smile was found. He listened quietly, as the captain spoke in turn. A soft flush bloomed across the quartz-stone cheeks. Clearing his throat, he waved a paw in dismissal, his voice resolute.

I hold no grudge against you, Khusobek. His words were calm, offering peace. If that is how you feel about the matter, then let it be buried.

There was a pause, a brief flicker of hesitation before Machi ventured into more dangerous waters. He could not leave without addressing a far graver accusation.

I hope it goes without saying that I did not attempt to murder Legend? His voice dipped, carrying a note of discomfort, the weight of that accusation too heavy to let linger. It is true that I mistook her for a bounty hunter when we first crossed paths and... ambushed her. But she was not harmed. His tone quieted further, We have since made amends.

If I had cared to be valued by him, I would have remained at his side. The dog's tone was near brusque, betraying the rawness of that particular scar. But, sensing the need to soften the defensive blow of his response, he quickly added, more curious than confrontational, Why do you ask?

suck the rot right out of my bloodstream
Messages In This Thread
Dinner & Diatribes - by Machiavelli - September 09, 2024, 08:13 PM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Khusobek - September 10, 2024, 11:00 AM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Machiavelli - September 10, 2024, 02:09 PM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Khusobek - September 11, 2024, 10:38 AM
RE: Dinner & Diatribes - by Machiavelli - September 12, 2024, 04:55 PM