Ravensblood Forest easy | lucky | free
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Takes place right afte Dakarai's acceptance into TG :) I got all excited so I went ahead and posted this one too :D @Dakarai and @Isley (but @Arturo and @Chusi are welcome to follow along!)

For reference, use this photo for the den. 

The trip to Olive’s den from the borders of Ravensblood Forest was short, but arduous. Olive opted to lead Dakarai to her den [rather than Isley’s den] for one major reason: she wished for Dakarai not to move at all or even an inch. Once his body alighted with the stone of her den, the spirit would not allow him to rise until she fed his every desire and was completely healed. 

The underlying reason was that Olive longed to show Dakarai her own home; Olive was proud of the home she had created and found great comfort in it. It were comprised of leaning monoliths, surrounding her with strong, dense rock. Lining against one wall of the masonic outcrop lay her curios: beautifully smooth rocks, fresh and dried flowers, a bone of a gyrfalcon, among others. The nymph had yet to find anything as beautiful or powerful as the moonstone, but Olive had collected many other interesting things in and surrounding Ravensblood Forest. Greenery plucked from the surrounding shrubbery coated the stony floor and kept the hard surfaces from bruising and poking Olive’s sensitive body. The place was kept conspicuously clean, as Olive believed a clear home correlated strong with a clear mind. The sequoias found it difficult to take root near and around the grotto, leaving an opening for Olive to view her eternal heavens. 

The above-ground enclave gave Olive a great view of the omnipresent life the surrounded her; she felt oneness with her environment living this way. When it rained, Olive watched each individual raindrop from under the monolith.  Olive had a window to watch autumn slowly transition into winter, leaf by falling leaf. One morning she had awoken to a family of raccoons traipsing and playing in front of her, blissfully unaware of the wolf’s presence. Olive could not bear the thought of living a life underground, shielded from nature’s true beauty. 

“Lay here, my love.” Olive used her muzzle to gesture down to the fresh layer of leafs that served as a bed cushion. She had replaced the leaves just this morning, unaware that she was preparing for an eternal visitor. “At this moment, the heavens are shining their light down on us. Rest your weary bones, for you are home now.”  Olive nosed one of her stones towards him - it wasn’t the moonstone that her and Palisander found, but the seraph suspected this one too held healing powers.

Olive loosed a silky call into the air for the packs healer Isley, hoping she was available to treat her kindred spirit and heal his hurts.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
easy | lucky | free - by Olive - November 18, 2016, 03:54 PM
RE: easy | lucky | free - by Chusi - November 18, 2016, 04:32 PM
RE: easy | lucky | free - by Dakarai - November 18, 2016, 04:41 PM
RE: easy | lucky | free - by Olive - November 18, 2016, 06:34 PM
RE: easy | lucky | free - by Chusi - November 19, 2016, 07:13 PM
RE: easy | lucky | free - by Dakarai - November 21, 2016, 12:20 AM
RE: easy | lucky | free - by Olive - November 25, 2016, 05:53 PM
RE: easy | lucky | free - by Chusi - November 27, 2016, 06:58 AM