Morningside Cuesta sat my back to your stars and breathed in your sighs
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
he infuriated her. he refused to accept that he had been wrong, as she so obviously saw- but instead went on at length to prove why he was right. eyes narrowed in anger, she interjected as soon as he finished the first part of his speech. "I don't want you 'keeping me safe'! Just leave me alone, Sunny!" she stated without a quaver in her voice, hellbent on getting Sunny to stop thinking that she needed to be constantly supervised, that she was weak and he oh so much better than her. her jaw clenched as he continued to speak, feeling that this whole thing was grossly unfair. 

at his final words, she burst out, "Then fight me, Sunny." Her gaze narrowed into a burning glare, but it lasted but a moment before her father spoke once more. she didn't interrupt- Da was on her side, it seemed, and maybe he could get Sunny to stop. Instead of the lecture she was expecting, however, he instead went on to tell a story. one, that she found, her anger faded as she listened. 

he had gone on an adventure, wanted to go on an adventure, just like her. and he spoke of the good that had come out of such an adventure- and the bad. hearing of all the downfalls to striking out on her own adventure had her fierce desire to do so falter in the slightest- but still, that desire remained. hardship, and the importance of making one's decisions, and how her father had no regrets. the talk stirred the girl, in the slightest- wondering what it would be like for her to strike out on her own, and what it had been like for her father. she thought she ought to say something, but she couldn't think of what- her gaze flickering to Sunny and back to Da, wondering what her brother would have to say. "Would you be angry, Da- if I did that one day? Went on my own adventure?"
Messages In This Thread