The Heartwood please swirl me in your mind, so i can be a color painting that you’ll look upon
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife

skipping with permission
just for my own reference, i’m talking about these two instances: 1, 2

Rannoch seemed as perturbed by the idea of accosting an infant as was she. This silently pleased the woman, as sometimes she doubted her ethical and moral compass — so many of the things she believed to be good were actually not so good, and it was much of the same when it came to bad things. Olive had always known that Charon brutalizing her cub felt bad, but was it actually? They had claimed that Aries had been misbehaving after all, but the punishment still felt unjust. Rannoch’s apparent incredulity was all she needed in order to fall further into the belief that Moonspear’s actions had been unjustified. 

The druid nodded her head firmly — of course she would talk about it. “Aries was only a month old, maybe two.” She paused, thought for a moment, then amended herself. “Aries is my son,” she mentioned, not sure if Rannoch and Terance needed a clarification. Aries had disappeared right around the time Rannoch had joined their ranks, and no one seemed to care too much about the boy’s dematerialization. They had all been so preoccupied with their own happenings. “He had been misbehaving, though I wasn’t there to see it. They decided to punish him…” To Olive, pups were supposed to frolic and play — that’s what they do! “They were all so rough with him, like they really would have done him harm.” Everything she said was the truth. All things considered, perhaps it wasn’t a surprise the Aries had fled after all.

Olive vaguely remembered Terance being involved in one instance, but time had healed that particular wound. Judging where the dark pelted wolf was now, he must not have been too indoctrinated into Moonspear’s ways. “You… don’t have problems with them now, do you?” she asked carefully, not sure if she should keep her distance from Rannoch's small band and their pack politics. The last thing she wanted nowadays was strife, especially when it came to the Ostregas. 
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: please swirl me in your mind, so i can be a color painting that you’ll look upon - by Olive - March 09, 2018, 04:51 PM