Fox's Glade She told me that I'm not enough
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive listened, though she was quickly become done with this whole situation and wished to remove herself from the toxicity of this place. It had been told to her that this was the most delicate of times for new mothers, the first several weeks, and she did not need the fluctuating energies to cause any sort of… internal imbalance. The fae took in a breath and held it inside her, but ultimately she was unable to bite back her defense. In a rush, her words came out in quick succession. “I don’t know what kind of trick you were trying to play on me —”

Oh, then how he gloated! He boasted of his sacrifices, and though they numbered many, the man’s gravitas was off-putting.  “Are things really going that well for you, my dear?” the pale wolf quipped, beginning to stalk around him in a slinking mass of raised hackles and exposed canines. “Your whore is on the run. You brutalized your own kin. Here, you treat me with such disdain!” She halted her advances. “Such baseless fury! Is this the man you are now?”

“I do not know what you want me to say to make you feel better.”

However, it was interesting to hear Dakarai’s perspective on his new relationship, having met the gilded woman so recently. Olive couldn’t say that she disliked the girl — more like, she disliked the circumstances. Onyx herself had seemed pretty sweet, albeit browbeat and spooked, but the fact that Dakarai had loved another incensed the shedevil to no end. Until this moment, Olive had been confident in the fact that she would have Dakarai’s soul, forever; no matter how many times she would push him away, nor how long they were parted, he would always be there to catch her when she falls. Now, she was not so certain of this.

But, as always, the dark knight understood how best to make her feel better: flattery. Oh, he ached for her? She ached for him too, wanted him every day as much as she had wanted to nameless man during her heat; wanted him here and now — and she knew she could have him, too, if she truly wanted. The sylph narrowed her gaze, debating whether or not she should truly make her carnal advances, or if she was just doing it again. After several moments, Olive swallowed her desires and found, quite suddenly, that she had nothing left to say to him. Her mouth held open, agape, rosebud tongue sitting virile, yet useless, in her mouth. Before her lay the destruction of her marriage, and though she knew this were her divine justice, it was truly a sad sight to see. Dakarai turned to leave and for a moment, Olive allowed him that freedom. Then, remembering something, she stepped forward and called out to him. “Wait —” She asked sincerely, mother beseeching father. “Where is she? I cannot leave her here, not with a devil on the loose…” Oh, wait. Perhaps Dakarai needed some clarification.

“Cass, I mean.”       
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
She told me that I'm not enough - by Dakarai - February 24, 2018, 08:25 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Olive - February 24, 2018, 10:30 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Dakarai - February 25, 2018, 02:26 AM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Olive - February 25, 2018, 04:33 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Dakarai - February 25, 2018, 09:29 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Olive - February 26, 2018, 09:14 AM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Dakarai - February 26, 2018, 06:45 PM