Stone Circle My siblings are my best friends
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
He kept his gaze drawn aside, noting Steph's departure through the sound of her steps, and wondered what that meant. Merrit knew he hadn't reacted properly - would she tell their mother? And what would she think? Yet the worry was short-lived; the gentle strum of Steph's paws against the ground declared her return, and he risked a quick glance to meet her approach. This time Steph was alone, and the chipmunk was gone.

Merrit looked at the ground again when she settled by his side, refusing to meet her eye to eye, despite the comfort he felt in the nearness of her presence and the soft instruction of her voice. His shame stung hotter when he found himself rejecting the explanation she offered, even though he innately knew that this wasn't proper for a wolf to think. He needed to eat to survive; he needed to hunt. Yet thinking of the chipmunk, and what he had felt when he hadn't even been the one hunting it... he didn't know if he would ever be able to learn.

But he chose to nod anyway because that was the right thing to do, and he needed time to think about what Steph had said, and try to make sense of the conflict he felt, in whatever small ways he could. "Maybe we do somethin' else?" he said quietly, and glanced up to his sister from the corner of his eyes to gauge her reaction. He still wanted to spend time with Steph, and he just hoped she still wanted to spend time with him, even after this.
Messages In This Thread
My siblings are my best friends - by Steph - July 28, 2018, 09:53 PM
RE: My siblings are my best friends - by Merrit - July 28, 2018, 10:24 PM
RE: My siblings are my best friends - by Steph - July 28, 2018, 10:30 PM
RE: My siblings are my best friends - by Merrit - July 30, 2018, 03:00 PM
RE: My siblings are my best friends - by Steph - July 31, 2018, 06:45 PM
RE: My siblings are my best friends - by Merrit - August 02, 2018, 05:50 PM
RE: My siblings are my best friends - by Steph - August 03, 2018, 07:36 AM
RE: My siblings are my best friends - by Merrit - August 05, 2018, 05:39 PM
RE: My siblings are my best friends - by Steph - August 05, 2018, 06:25 PM
RE: My siblings are my best friends - by Merrit - August 16, 2018, 12:48 PM
RE: My siblings are my best friends - by Steph - August 19, 2018, 06:27 PM