Sleeping Dragon well, he talks like an angel but he looks like me
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
it wasn't his fault. 

terance couldn't believe he was living in a world where this was his fault. a world where seabreeze leaving was his fault. it pained him, so deeply, that she was apparently blaming him for this. they're hurting because their father isn't around. then why, why, why, why-- did you take them away from their father? how could she expect him to pick fairly between two things? two things that meant so much to him. 

and lyra. oh lyra. she'd broken terance in childish ways-- childish in that terance had put himself in that situation. he'd grown attached to something that might have well have been nothing. and he was hurt when lyra didn't reciprocate those feelings. 

but seabreeze... terance had loved seabreeze with every fiber of his being. and his children just as much. so that she could ever even question his love was... sad. but seabreeze never spoke how she felt, not until it was too late. 

and she'd said it herself. it was too late.

"keep the way i am??" his voice raised, only slightly, and not out of anger but out of exasperation-- and it cracked just at the end. "i am visiting-- i made this journey to see them. to see you!" how could she still blame this on him? how could she say he was doing anything wrong? and then, as she left, she sent one more shot his way. the children need someone right now. 

"don't walk away from me--" he began, but... or what? why couldn't she? what else did he have to say? terance hadn't outright blamed her for a single thing-- and here she was, placing blame. again and again. terance couldn't even tell if she was truly torn on this. if she was truly even upset. 

he stared dumbly after her, his words caught in his throat, waiting for her to turn around, waiting for her to ignore him. but he had nothing else to say. terance couldn't yell at her for anything, and he was too useless to bother standing up for himself anymore. this was it. they were through.

and it was his fault.
Messages In This Thread
RE: well, he talks like an angel but he looks like me - by Terance - November 01, 2018, 08:53 PM