Hushed Willows It's wrong of me to want to better myself when I'm already the best.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Luckily for Khali, Olive was not far from the falls herself and loved nothing more than to talk about her children — or any children, really. She had truly taken to this particular area and loved how the forest’s characteristic arbors thinned out but still their long, billowing branches swayed and traced shapes in the water’s edge — the willows were an ethereal spectacle, and Olive was delighted to spend more of her waking hours amongst such a beautiful milieu, but at times the energy of the place buzzed too loud and the druid found that she must seek asylum in a quieter place. That place, surprisingly, was the falls.

Olive had not revisited the spit of rock on the fall’s sheer cliffside since Delight and Mali’s reunion with Brilliance; she had no desire to, not even as a place to better read the stars. For the moment, the pooling water held her every attention. Olive delighted in standing amongst the tree’s billowing banners and spying upon the minnows that congregated near the shores. Olive loved to dip her paws in the cool water and wash her face and slake her thirst. She loved to hum and sing and not worry that others might hear, for the sound of the falls deafened all and left her soundless. It was perhaps the most alone she might ever be again, now that she found her place on a leadership council once more.

Olive departed from the place to relieve herself and when she returned, the woman glimpse the man Khali pacing back and force in front of the body of water. She watched him silently for a moment, wondering what agitated him so; but Olive was long past the point in her life where she made meaningless speculations — she much more preferred to confront the truth of things. Cooly, she strode forward and beside Khali, incase he did not hear her arrival and needed to see it instead. The shakti woman smiled at him, but said no more.  
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's wrong of me to want to better myself when I'm already the best. - by Olive - November 13, 2018, 08:01 PM