Hushed Willows tonight, i'm gonna have myself a real good time [YULE]
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
PPing the family if y’all are cool with that @Seabreeze @Eleuthera @Séamuss @Okeanos

There were things to worry about, sure, but there were also many things to be merry about. The winter’s snow fell across the land, seemingly except for the willows. The thick tree cover kept most all of the snowfall at bay, except for the few snowflakes that broken through their silken barricade. It was winter, yet it did not snow here. Children came and went, but family still persisted. In the face of wars and strife, packs came together and celebrated all that could be good. 

Olive had a healthy respect for tradition and, as such, she was fascinated by the idea of yule. It was right up her alley, too; something that would create inter-pack joy and harmony, instilling tradition in the minds of her children and introducing them to different cultures. The sylph could preach to her small family all she could about the wonders of the world, but her tales paled in comparison to experience first hand. Olive had become quite the protective mama, unwilling to let her babies explore too far [she still very much believed them to be too innocent to sustain their lives in the wild, should they get lost accidentally] — so she was delighted that these first-hand experience were coming to them, instead of vice-versa.

“Come, children!” she said her brood cheerfully, automatically including the lovely Seabreeze in her directive. The absence of Ibis was felt keenly and not forgotten, but Olive figured they must take every chance possible to revel and create merriment. “We mustn’t be late to our own party,” and with that, she licked the crown of each of her three cubs’ heads to ensure that every hair was in its proper place, as if they were still small pups and not nearly-full grown adults. With an endearing grin towards her wife, Olive then led the caravan towards whence Lily’s call originated and burst onto the scene with an exuberant yip and click of the heels.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: tonight, i'm gonna have myself a real good time [YULE] - by Olive - December 23, 2018, 05:34 PM