Permafrost Hollows otherwise they would not be worshipped
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
derg appears to have forgone further verbal communication ( at least, for the moment ) and simply nods for wintersbane to proceed. the vartija is going to operate a bit differently than a 'traditional' pack. it's going to be a war clan where regular spars are encouraged to keep skills sharp ...but wolves don't have to be warriors or rogues to join. i just feel that it's beneficial to know how to fight even if it's to defend one's self. pretty much what i've seen of the packs i've ran with are that ranks are unchallengeable. you claw your way up and hope that if you're ambitious enough you reach as high as you want to go. there's nothing wrong with that but i like the idea of ranks being decided by contribution, yes, but also by one's own ambition. all ranks in the regular hierarchy should be challengeable but the pack should get it's say, should be allowed to interfere if they don't agree especially if it comes to leadership. he's got his monologue of how he expects the vartija to come to down to a science now. the ideas smoothed out into a certainty that this was what he wants to build.

maybe it was risky, letting all ranks — even his own once all the work is done and the pack is settled — open for challenge. wintersbane's considered this risk numerous times, over and over. his own rules state that a loser of a challenge can re-challenge and the pack has the right to interfere if they don't want to see a leadership overhaul. wintersbane doubts he's going to have to fight tooth and nail every single day for his title among them ...and if he does well then, that's just the nature of the beast, isn't it?

sound like something you'd be interested in joining? wintersbane inquires of derg then after giving the older man some time to process the information that'd been thrown at him and ask any questions if he had any.
Messages In This Thread
RE: otherwise they would not be worshipped - by Derg - January 07, 2019, 02:02 PM
RE: otherwise they would not be worshipped - by Derg - January 08, 2019, 03:33 PM
RE: otherwise they would not be worshipped - by Derg - January 09, 2019, 01:17 PM
RE: otherwise they would not be worshipped - by Derg - January 13, 2019, 03:30 PM
RE: otherwise they would not be worshipped - by RIP Wintersbane - January 15, 2019, 04:34 AM
RE: otherwise they would not be worshipped - by Derg - January 15, 2019, 03:39 PM
RE: otherwise they would not be worshipped - by Derg - January 20, 2019, 07:56 AM