Dragoncrest Cliffs Where we break when our hearts are strong enough
328 Posts
Ooc —
Easy was so... well, easy to talk to. She was levelheaded in all the ways that Ephraim wasn't, and it helped to air his concerns with her, even though he was nervous and embarrassed to be sitting here speaking with the wolf he stupidly attacked. Not like that, he answered with a shake of his head. I wasn't allowed to fight in Trigeda. It was a good thing, too. If a fight with a rival pack at this age was enough to send Ephraim spiraling into a panic attack, then a large scale war at that young age would have surely broken his psyche.

I don't know, he said unhelpfully, wilting back his ears and frowning as he tried to remember what all had happened. So much of it was a blur now. I bit that guy and then Mallaidh killed him and got his blood all over us, and then I ran to answer Heda's summons and there were just so many wolves and so much blood-smell and I was so afraid they would get through and hurt someone, and I guess I just... totally panicked. He felt ashamed saying it like that. He was supposed to be Drakru, one of Drageda's strong and capable warriors. He didn't like feeling like some dumb kid who couldn't handle it. Everyone else could handle it.

And then I just couldn't recognize anyone and everything was buzzing in my ears. It was like I was floating above and watching... I had no control.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Where we break when our hearts are strong enough - by Ephraim - January 21, 2019, 12:50 PM