Permafrost Hollows half gods are worshipped in wine and flowers
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
i like to think it's a pack for anyone, wintersbane corrects, thinking through his words carefully, trying to put to words the idea behind his brain child. but ambition or lack thereof will decide whether wolves climb the ranks or not. if a wolf isn't ambitious and doesn't put forth the effort that others do then they won't climb up the ranks — it was as simple as that. his hope is to eliminate any leadership bias by taking himself out of the equation by allowing rank challenges and only stepping in when a meditator is needed to break a tie.

the taiga is unclaimed except for us and right now our claim on it's resources, hunting grounds and herds go unchallenged, unlimited hunting grounds and freedom to stretch out as they pleased. though wintersbane does not expect it to stay like this forever with the influx of packs to the western regions but for the moment he plans to take full advantage of it. i don't believe in senselessly instigating wars, but does that mean he wouldn't bully packs that park too close to his territory or on his hunting grounds? not necessarily. his priority was the vartija and the survival of others pack wasn't his problem; cruel as it seemed.

but what justifies a war and what doesn't is subjective. if a pack threatens the vartija's survival by claiming territory too close to ours or our chosen hunting grounds then perhaps, he replies clinically, viewing it from a tactician's point of view. but i like to think in most situations i would try diplomacy first. going to war meant risking the lives of his wolves and that in and of itself wasn't a decision to be made lightly. we are wardens of the taiga and i may call myself a warlord but i won't endanger the lives of my wolves unless it's deemed necessary. but the truth was, wintersbane couldn't predict how he'd handle that sort of situation until he was in it.

the pair exchange a few more words before eventually the other male departs and wintersbane is left to continue with his patrol.
Messages In This Thread
RE: half gods are worshipped in wine and flowers - by Epic - January 24, 2019, 03:13 PM
RE: half gods are worshipped in wine and flowers - by Epic - January 29, 2019, 02:36 PM
RE: half gods are worshipped in wine and flowers - by Epic - February 15, 2019, 02:56 PM
RE: half gods are worshipped in wine and flowers - by RIP Wintersbane - March 03, 2019, 01:45 PM