Redhawk Caldera on the bones of my enemies
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
There was something empty about standing on the edge of the pit that was Redhawk Caldera. He should have felt victorious but there was nothing there. Charon worried that he had not seen some of his wolves around for a bit. Maybe they were just out looking for Revui, but what if more would leave? Especially with the pup season coming up and in combination with Amekaze's lacklustre interest in furthering their legacy Charon wondered what the year would bring them. He was not getting any younger either and he needed this. Maybe he needed it too much, but it was a hard thing to admit to even himself, so he would not let it ever shimmer through.

And then there were his children, all independent but none of them seeming all too interested in finding relations. Hydra would be a worthy successor when their time came to step down from their positions as King and Queen of the mountain, but she, too, had no mate to speak of. And wolves that had left never returned. It made Charon angry to think that they would hate him so that they would never return to him, not even to let him know how they were doing, not even to apologise for the way or moment they'd left in. Nothing. They just didn't give any fucks.

It lead him back to Dhole. A breeze of wind made the fur along his back and neck dance as he stood on the edge of the Caldera she had once been part of. The one she'd left to join his pack when they were both still young. Dhole was a lot like Potema in some ways, except that whatever they had shared, whatever deep friendship had been possible, it had been shattered like glass. It was many years ago that they had parted. What would she think of him now? Did she still hate him for not understanding? Did she feel sorry at all for leaving in the way that she had? Had she ever found Flóki, out there..?

He sat down on the cold ground as he watched the frozen lake in the Caldera's midst, a soft, low, thoughtful hum rumbling in his throat as he reminisced and wished deeply to find such friendships in his life again.
Messages In This Thread
on the bones of my enemies - by Charon - January 30, 2019, 05:05 AM
RE: on the bones of my enemies - by Aries - February 08, 2019, 12:56 PM
RE: on the bones of my enemies - by Charon - February 12, 2019, 05:26 AM
RE: on the bones of my enemies - by Aries - February 23, 2019, 09:51 AM
RE: on the bones of my enemies - by Charon - March 02, 2019, 03:00 PM