Lost Creek Hollow I've got no-one but myself to blame.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
As a child of pacifists, of maidens fair and soft, Ibis did not know the word spar. Contextually speaking she could glean something of Treason's statement, yet her understanding was limited as her own worldly experience was limited. The casual - almost humored - manner in which the woman spoke made Ibis feel intensely out of place; as if she were missing some key piece of a great joke. She did not want to appear stupid. Perhaps it was unavoidable.

She was about to speak again when Treason sat down, and then when the matron's words struck Ibis' ears, the girl heard a different message. It felt like she was being dismissed. Subtle and between-the-lines as it was, Ibis could think of no other reason why her step-mother would say such a thing so soon after meeting. Unless she was unimpressed with her - disinterested. Um, she floundered a little, I was looking for my dad, fibbed the girl, but added hastily: but it was good to meet you.

She smiled as peaceably as she could, emulating her mother's perfect mask.
Messages In This Thread
I've got no-one but myself to blame. - by Ibis (Ghost) - March 19, 2019, 12:54 AM
RE: I've got no-one but myself to blame. - by Arbiter - March 19, 2019, 10:48 PM
RE: I've got no-one but myself to blame. - by Arbiter - March 21, 2019, 11:12 PM
RE: I've got no-one but myself to blame. - by Ibis (Ghost) - March 22, 2019, 01:17 PM
RE: I've got no-one but myself to blame. - by Arbiter - March 22, 2019, 09:31 PM
RE: I've got no-one but myself to blame. - by Arbiter - March 25, 2019, 03:41 PM
RE: I've got no-one but myself to blame. - by Arbiter - March 26, 2019, 10:23 PM