Lost Creek Hollow no hard feelings
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
It had been a few days since she'd arrived at the Hollow. Ibis had adjusted as best she could but for the past few hours she'd been pining for home - for @Okeanos the most, who was still all the way back at Elysium. She tried to distract herself after a while by investigating the clover field that had become her bed. Ibis nosed around in the greenery until the bright scent of new flowers caught in her nose, and she followed that smell until she was led some ways away — to a patch of blooming something. The flowers weren't familiar at all, but they were very pretty. She set about carefully plucking them from where they grew (not realizing that they weren't really an appreciable thing, being some sort of weed).

Once she'd gathered a good pile, she looked down at her collection and smiled - then began to hum a tune. Unable to help herself, Ibis began to arrange her flower pile in to groups of longest to shortest, then biggest bloom to smallest, changing her mind often, and soon the hum became a little song:

Love me or leave me, make your choice but believe me — it carried the same cadence as the song she had been humming, and soon enough she was prancing around her piled flowers, putting on a show for the rows and rows of buds. I love you - I do, I do, I do, I do, I dooo! Cue pirouette, small kick, and she pranced the other way; Ibis was so involved in her little moment of contentment that she'd forgotten where she was. I can't con-ceal it, don't you see, can't you feel it? Don't you toooOo— and with a hitch to her young voice, she lost the tune for a moment.

When she looked down, Ibis saw that her carefully laid-out flowers had become a mess of broken petals, because she'd inadvertently danced all over them. So she did what any reasonable young girl would do in that situation - she sat down with a little gasp, and quietly wept.
Messages In This Thread
no hard feelings - by Ibis (Ghost) - March 21, 2019, 12:42 AM
RE: no hard feelings - by Gannet - March 21, 2019, 07:10 PM
RE: no hard feelings - by Ibis (Ghost) - March 22, 2019, 01:28 PM
RE: no hard feelings - by Gannet - March 27, 2019, 12:33 AM
RE: no hard feelings - by Ibis (Ghost) - March 27, 2019, 12:40 AM
RE: no hard feelings - by Gannet - March 30, 2019, 08:18 PM
RE: no hard feelings - by Ibis (Ghost) - April 01, 2019, 12:28 PM
RE: no hard feelings - by Gannet - April 04, 2019, 11:45 AM
RE: no hard feelings - by Ibis (Ghost) - April 04, 2019, 05:43 PM
RE: no hard feelings - by Gannet - April 08, 2019, 01:04 PM
RE: no hard feelings - by Ibis (Ghost) - April 08, 2019, 01:15 PM