Hushed Willows I keep an eye on the chamber door
328 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
He couldn't believe he got away. With his appeal to Vercingetorix presumably having fallen flat on its face, taking the rest of his trust and faith in his former comrades with it, Ephraim began to let the cogs of his mind really turn. Bobby was the one posted to him most days, with Tirgatao watching him overnight. The pack was spread too thin with Verx, Aure and others leaving and they didn't have other wolves to spare for the purpose; the others had their tasks and were needed to keep things going. Tirgatao was a no go from the start. Not only did she and Ephraim not know one another, but she was battle hardened and driven by purpose.

Bobby, on the other hand, had always been a more laidback wolf and knew a better side of Ephraim than this. One might even say he was a touch lazy at times, a fact Ephraim knew from their travels. So the young coywolf continued to bide his time, cooperating on all fronts, waiting for Bobby to begin taking his meekness for granted and growing tired from his constant vigil, waiting for a lapse in the dark wolf's judgment... and it came just before evening one day, when the man yawned and turned his head away for just a moment.

Ephraim slid into motion in an instant, streaking across the beach and aiming a viper-like snap at the surprised guard's muzzle. Ephraim knew that Bobby never would have expected a sudden attack after days of watching him laze weakly about in the cove, and this small slip in attention gave him just enough of an opening to squeeze by. His blow had been blunted and without any intent to harm, only to warn back the Hompleia's head enough for him to get through. He rocketed up through the tunnel to Hougeda with Bobby hot on his heels, but when it came to speed, the black kru was no match for him.

And so he managed to escape Drageda's territory, a natrona now in truth. If others saw him during his flight he was oblivious to them; it was fortunate that Verx's departure took so many, or else he surely would have been stopped by a border patrol. He broke out of the forest and flung himself into the tangle, which he navigated with difficulty. Desperation was perhaps the only thing that saw him through; he broke out on the other side, plunged madly through a sprawling wetland for what felt like hours, and finally collapsed under the reaching boughs of a weeping willow, believing he was much, much farther from the coast than he really was.
Messages In This Thread
I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - March 25, 2019, 05:07 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Olive - March 28, 2019, 09:44 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - April 03, 2019, 09:29 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Olive - April 12, 2019, 05:52 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - April 24, 2019, 10:38 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Olive - April 28, 2019, 10:00 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - May 02, 2019, 08:18 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Olive - May 11, 2019, 04:37 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - May 12, 2019, 03:56 PM