Hushed Willows I keep an eye on the chamber door
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The way the boy responds was not the way that Olive had anticipated. She figured he would react as most did, with a smile and words of express gratitude, but she received the exact opposite. His hackles raised as if ready for an attack, or a defensive move, or something that meant her harm — the boy recoiled and snapped at her, and her heart leapt into her throat as if all her fears she shared with Lily just a few weeks prior had become true. Someone was here to hurt her, and hurt Elysium, and there was nothing she could do to stop him.

Olive jumped back with an audible gasp, turning a critical eye towards the creature that had found itself upon her border. The more she looked, the more the druid realized that this was just a boy, brutalized and scared beyond belief, and deserving of her understanding. Poor thing.
“Child, calm yourself!” she cried out, hoping to snap him out of whatever was holding him in its grip. “I mean you no harm,” she explained softly, with more control. Perhaps he just needed more reassurance. “You are at Elysium, a sanctuary. You are safe in our fold.” but she sincerely hoped that whatever had frightened him so had not followed him here. Against true forces, not a shaking boy, they could not survive.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - March 25, 2019, 05:07 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Olive - March 28, 2019, 09:44 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - April 03, 2019, 09:29 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Olive - April 12, 2019, 05:52 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - April 24, 2019, 10:38 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Olive - April 28, 2019, 10:00 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Ephraim - May 02, 2019, 08:18 PM
RE: I keep an eye on the chamber door - by Olive - May 11, 2019, 04:37 PM