Arrow Lake rivers and roads
all creation myths need a devil
445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
as ever, ruenna sought to exceed the steel wolf's expectations of her, and each time he thought he had her proverbially sequestered away into a box he intrinsically understood, she would spring out of it - and bite him in the face. they had been harmless nips before, but this one would scar. stigmata felt misunderstood and tenuously disrespected at her proposal, though the idea of it all was so glaringly logical to a wolf like him that he couldn't find the mental fortitude to be angry with her for suggesting it.

but in reality, the idea of such an alliance frightened him, and if not properly convinced by those he trusted most, stigmata would never go for it. he wanted only wolves who bowed to him to form the packs in this area, and without being the true commander of the vale wolves, he would be opening himself up to the same agony that had befallen him in the legion. for it had been supposed allies, aligning with his own manipulative son, that had been his very steep downfall, and he was reluctant to accept such a possibility again. this very experience was what had driven him to form diaspora's creed in the first place. what would become of him if he did not learn from his past?

the bottom line was that she didn't get it. her presence was wanted here. he wanted to be her family more than liri was; but neither he nor his kill-brother had yet earned it, and it simply hurt to find out. her departure was painful, but attempting to settle in an area she knew would rouse him only added insult to injury. her offer did not go unheeded, but one glance at the almost overly stoic mahler told stigmata that discussing it much further in this moment would end well for no one involved.

"i will consider your offer," he said clinically, tiredly - the tone of an imperator trying not to succumb to some internal weight. "in your head there is a utopia in which we coexist - a beautiful one, i admit, ruenna... but reality does not often meet expectations, and i fear we have already begun on the wrong foot." he looked at her solemnly, for a beat, and then dismissed her with a firm nod. "for now, my lady, go in peace. until we meet again."
Messages In This Thread
rivers and roads - by Ruenna - April 03, 2019, 08:53 AM
RE: rivers and roads - by Mahler - April 03, 2019, 09:12 AM
RE: rivers and roads - by Ruenna - April 03, 2019, 09:39 AM
RE: rivers and roads - by Mahler - April 03, 2019, 09:58 AM
RE: rivers and roads - by Stigmata - April 03, 2019, 10:11 AM
RE: rivers and roads - by Ruenna - April 03, 2019, 11:26 AM
RE: rivers and roads - by Mahler - April 03, 2019, 11:36 AM
RE: rivers and roads - by Stigmata - April 03, 2019, 03:15 PM
RE: rivers and roads - by Ruenna - April 04, 2019, 10:18 AM
RE: rivers and roads - by Mahler - April 04, 2019, 04:23 PM
RE: rivers and roads - by Stigmata - April 04, 2019, 05:57 PM