Lost Creek Hollow i hope you get a paper cut on your tongue
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Well, this all did make her think that her name was a bit ironic in the fact that she was the one who was staying.  It was also kind of ironic that a wolf as selfish as her was complaining about someone else looking out for themselves. Perhaps it was just a matter of perspective.  She smiled, but it seemed like there wasn't too much left to say on the subject of her name.  At least it didn't sound like the idea was annoying to him.  I know.  I will.  I know habits die hard sometimes.  It wasn't like name changes were unusual in her world -- okay, past a certain age they were pretty unusual but eh.  And I'll call the meeting.  What he'd said made sense.

She shrugged, Fine... But I don't want to be forced to start over because of them. It wouldn't be fair.  And that was probably the thing that might effect her the most.  They had a good thing here going in the Hollow -- she'd been happy with it, and the promise of it continuing on felt kind of tenuous to her.  Right now if Rannoch came back, she might have some choice words for him, but bets were off if his sudden, unpredictable choice ended up costing her family their home. They needed to survive and be better in spite of them.  Regardless, the outlook was guarded, We'll see.  There was a line that separated those that Arbiter just sort of disliked or didn't trust, but you could bet he'd be booted to the despised side of the line if things got worse.

The tiny trio had started drifting farther away from them.  It wasn't quite to a concerning distance yet, but it was only a matter of time before someone (read: Jet) spotted something interesting farther off to investigate.  I think we might have a couple of runners in a few moments, though.  Do you want to go say hi?  The kids, obviously, most likely wouldn't care about whatever drama happened in the boring land of adults.  Then again, if he was afraid the bad mood that poisoned the day might rub off on them, he was free to think that too.  Whatever helped in the end -- and better than asking directly what he wanted to do before he had to go make sure Rannoch and Liffey had left.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
Messages In This Thread
i hope you get a paper cut on your tongue - by Terance - June 04, 2019, 12:15 PM
RE: i hope you get a paper cut on your tongue - by Arbiter - June 07, 2019, 12:13 AM