Arrow Lake “red moon turns a red horizon.”
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
so ends my boy’s chapter.. bittersweet! thank you everyone who ever tolerated his shenanigans <3

fool’s attempt it may be, but ingram did not falter from his scarlet path. no scavenger would feast on his beloved.

he rushed, vision blurred by tears, and senses overcome by grief.

he did not stop, not even as the boar met his charge; not even as tusk thrust ruthlessly across the exposed side of his flank, unraveling him from within. no sound came as ingram’s eyes widened and lost their bloodletting sheen, the yellow of his gaze restored to the true sight of a man fatally stricken.

did it all come to perspective then? his life, his forgotten memories, his purpose and being? a kaleidoscope of visions danced in the membranes of his mind, and ingram only faintly aware of them.

he felt a grunt leave him as he landed, speared again and again by the pig that had gorged on his mate. he was only dimly aware of the noise of his body meeting spurred bone and fang; to him these visceral matters seemed far away, as if they had crossed some alien plane before reaching him.

a ruthless wetness spread down his chest and belly; somewhere within him a flame of agony licked along his nerves as he spilled outward — a purple gout of innards that snarled like an insidious snake in the snow. the immutable agency of this boar that claimed him at last was understood by ingram — he was death’s scavenger, made to do the bidding of intemperate fates beyond wolfkind’s understanding.

ingram blinked dumbly as he peered at his insides, spewed outward — and then his vision began to swarm motes of fiery black.

he sank to the earth demurely. his muzzle landed just so — glistening nose pointed in the direction of blodreina’s bare skull. in the sunfire depths of his gaze a darkness rose and dulled the life within in slowly spiraling shadows. at last his heavy lids closed, the tension along his knotted brow giving way to ponderous laxity.

ingram eyjolfur rested alongside his mate, finally at peace and breathing no more.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
Messages In This Thread
“red moon turns a red horizon.” - by Ingram Sr - October 31, 2019, 01:59 PM
RE: “red moon turns a red horizon.” - by Iwaizumi - November 04, 2019, 01:15 PM
RE: “red moon turns a red horizon.” - by Ingram Sr - November 06, 2019, 11:42 AM
RE: “red moon turns a red horizon.” - by Iwaizumi - November 06, 2019, 03:29 PM
RE: “red moon turns a red horizon.” - by Ingram Sr - November 06, 2019, 03:50 PM