Emberwood I'd dance in a storm in my best dress.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Things will quiet down soon, offered the woman.

Ibis was more than happy for that to happen, and hoped it really would be sooner than later; running all over the valley, gathering all these wayward souls to one place, and then hoping to lead them? It was a lot of work. She didn't even know if it was the right call. What if some of these people weren't who they seemed to be? What if someone who she thought was sweet and kind and all those good things her innocent self could conjure, was really someone nefarious? They had hunters and scouts galore, but very few warriors. In fact, Ibis hadn't considered the need for such skills while she found people—she had been so intent on making sure everyone was safe that further logistics never entered her mind.

Now though, with everything so quick to change, she was overwhelmed with such considerations. She was so very glad that Bhediya was with them to coach her through it, too. The woman's commendation was met with a small airy laugh, and this transitioned to another tired sigh. It's almost like... I went from one extreme to another. My days would bleed together when I was alone in the marsh, and now they bleed together but I'm meeting so many people, hearing their stories, and trying to organize them... And I can only hope I am doing a good job. We have so many mouths to feed now, Bhediya. I'm... I'm sort-of worried for winter. It was her own fault though. Ibis couldn't help but welcome every person to the Emberwood; how could she say no when someone was in need?
Messages In This Thread
I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 03:54 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 07:57 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 08:04 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 08:19 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 08:41 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 08:57 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 09:11 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 09:32 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 09:45 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 10:00 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 10:12 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 10:23 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 10:39 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Bhediya - November 14, 2019, 11:00 PM
RE: I'd dance in a storm in my best dress. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 14, 2019, 11:03 PM