Stone Circle please god. be kind to me.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
The younger one speaks, and Nanook shifts her gaze to settle single-mindedly on her. Despite the introductions, Nanook lends no breath to introduce herself. Not yet, at least -- these titles are long, and foreign, and from the way this girl carries herself, Nanook decides that they are here for something other than a request to join the ranks at Easthollow. Nanook tips her nose again in formal appraisal, and her ears remains piqued, as in short order, Praimfaya speaks again.

The news Praimfaya shares fails to stoke any kindling of good-will toward the characters in the story she relays. Quite the opposite. Nanook's brows flinch to a hard line, and her molten eyes smelt their copper with a new flame of fire. Hot air pushes from her nose, not at Praimfaya, nor Dacio, but at whatever heathens even dare to think to shove her family's name in the dirt.

Blackhead. Nanook's lips curl, and she nods, tight and reserved -- with a cool hum to cover the many words wanting to spill -- but she lets the snow-clad warrior finish.

When Praimfaya is finished, Nanook gives an understanding nod. "Blackhead, you say..." she wonders, for a moment, just how much to share, but she throws her caution out. These wolves stack themselves on Easthollow's side, and Nanook will trust them in this intent, "We had a wolf by that description come upon our borders earlier this season. We believe she came with the intent of killing my niece -- my sister's daughter. We had not provoked her, she simply attacked. I can assure you myself, that my family has had no part in the murder of your bloodkru. I wouldn't be surprised if that crone killed him herself."

But why shift the blame? What did this rogue have out for Easthollow? Or did wolves even need a reason these days? Nanook considered Indra, her bloody death. Merrit, and Clay, their disappearances. Had the crone anything to do with these?

"This blackhead yearns to put us at the centre of a war? How surprised she will be when she finds the Wilds after her head instead." A wry smile plays over the Apaata's face, tempered by the ferocity in her eyes. Oh, she wishes to lend her fangs and claws to help these strangers -- to find their missing child, and return some balance to this lopsided land -- but... "Unfortunately, I am unable to speak on my family's behalf. My sister, Valette, is Matriarch of our family here. She will be the one to decide what we, together, can offer to help. Are you rushed to return to your family at Roangeda? Knowing my sister, this decision may take some time to decide..." 

Or more, Nanook would make the decision take time to decide, if Valette ruled a verdict with too great of haste. She herself is ready to hunt and to fight, for Easthollow's sake. For young Isi's, and Leta's. For the sake of the Wild's themselves. She just... isn't sure if Valette is ready to take up her arms in this battle, or if her sister would rather stay tucked away in the quiet hamlet of Easthollow, privvy to the happenings of their quaint and quiet life, and blind to those who cry for help beyond them. Nanook wishes to have faith that her sister will stand with her in this -- but she finds herself uncertain, only in knowing the pacifist she has taken for a king...
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
Messages In This Thread
please god. be kind to me. - by RIP Praimfaya - November 24, 2019, 02:24 PM
RE: please god. be kind to me. - by Dacio - November 24, 2019, 03:47 PM
RE: please god. be kind to me. - by Nanook - November 24, 2019, 05:28 PM
RE: please god. be kind to me. - by RIP Praimfaya - November 24, 2019, 05:56 PM
RE: please god. be kind to me. - by Dacio - November 25, 2019, 06:45 AM
RE: please god. be kind to me. - by Nanook - November 27, 2019, 09:28 PM
RE: please god. be kind to me. - by RIP Praimfaya - November 28, 2019, 05:17 AM
RE: please god. be kind to me. - by Dacio - December 01, 2019, 09:16 AM