Grouse Thicket sup.
Kvarsheim
NPC
614 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Away
River. Fig stole a sidelong glance at his companion as she introduced herself, smiling. The blue jay still didn't seem to care much for them either way, even with the hawk talk. The boy was feeling pretty okay with this, though he knew he really shouldn't. Fennec needed him to find her a companion to help her get around on her own. But... 

"I'm gonna guess it didn't understand me..." he whispered back to her, eyeing the jay, "Which is both fortunate and unfortunate. I mean, the whole point is to try to communicate... Hm..." A thought struck him then--an absurd one. He didn't even hesitate to voice it though, now so intrigued by the thought.

"Hey, d'you think it might be deaf?" he asked, not pausing to hear River's thoughts on the subject before he moved to a position where he felt more certain it could see him. Growing up with Towhee, he typically would always position himself in front of those he spoke with. It was simply a force of habit since communication with his mother required he do so. He hadn't thought to do it with a bird, though really, unless he was literally sitting on the limb with it, there wasn't actually too much he could do.

-"My name is Fig,"- he repeated, using the physical gestures he'd learned as a pup to see if they helped him garner any recognition. He figured it would be a long shot that this bird knew ptero, but he didn't particularly have any other options here.

At the end of the day, he didn't manage to find a friend for Fennec, but he'd at least claimed one for himself. In spite of his failure, he headed home with a smile on his face and a little spring in his step.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.
Fenn is welcome at all times and will in fact make me sad if she doesn't show up.
Messages In This Thread
sup. - by Figment - February 29, 2020, 06:08 PM
RE: sup. - by River - March 01, 2020, 03:20 PM
RE: sup. - by Figment - March 02, 2020, 07:44 PM
RE: sup. - by River - March 08, 2020, 04:13 PM
RE: sup. - by Figment - March 18, 2020, 06:33 PM
RE: sup. - by River - March 19, 2020, 03:10 PM
RE: sup. - by Figment - March 19, 2020, 08:02 PM
RE: sup. - by River - March 20, 2020, 09:27 AM
RE: sup. - by Figment - March 21, 2020, 07:37 AM
RE: sup. - by River - March 27, 2020, 05:03 PM
RE: sup. - by Figment - March 28, 2020, 04:22 PM