Hoshor Plains I've got a hundred thrown out speeches
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Being among the Kaistleoki wolves wasn't all bad. They were friendly enough, keeping to themselves or to their duties. They left Ibis alone for the most part; some of the younger members, the children mostly, had been caught spying on the travelling group a couple of times. She didn't mind that at all. It reminded her of the days when she had been tiny, and when her only problem was simple and vain: Eleuthera, her gorgeous sister-but-not-sister, being prettier than Ibis felt she was. Now she was older and her worries were heavier. She wished she could find her family and reunite them - that was always her desire, her greatest dream and failure muddied as one - and the rambunctious children of the plains reminded her of all this.

The plains were immense. She could stare in any direction for ages and not make out any landmarks. There were rolling hills of green and brown, sometimes dotted with dark silhouettes - creatures Ibis had never encountered before. She did not want to wander too far from her friends yet; the Kaistleoki wolves were offering them a place to recharge before further plans were made, and Ibis did not want to overstep. She chose to do a light patrol around the area the group had chosen to nest, popping by @Kukulkan while he tended to Wren, moseying to where @Reiko had been napping in the sun - then around again, feeling the wind rush over her.

There was a taste of freedom in the wind, and soon enough Ibis was so caught up in her run that she became a speck of dust among the reeds of grass, flowing along the hill and down across the prairie as if she were flying. She took deep breaths, ignored the burn in her thin limbs and the ache in her lungs, and kept on running against a backdrop of blue sky.
Messages In This Thread
I've got a hundred thrown out speeches - by Ibis (Ghost) - March 19, 2020, 09:15 PM
RE: I've got a hundred thrown out speeches - by Howl - March 23, 2020, 08:40 PM
RE: I've got a hundred thrown out speeches - by Howl - March 30, 2020, 10:34 PM
RE: I've got a hundred thrown out speeches - by Howl - April 03, 2020, 03:05 PM