Northstar Vale Chandelier's still flickering here.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She opened her mouth to respond with an explanation, but there was no need. He was right. It took two to make kids, a fact she had overlooked. She was taken by surprise when Akavir stepped close, enveloping her in an embrace of dark fur. Ibis stiffened at first but melted in to him easily enough; the spice of his musk was a comfort, equally so his warmth, and the deep vibrations of his voice.

He did grow nervous when marriage was mentioned. Ibis couldn't fault him for that, though she felt terrible to force his hand.

Is that what you want? He asked. The look on his face was hard to describe. She could not read him as easily as before, and floundered a bit in her response. Ibis was quiet for a moment—she knew what Reiko had said to her and it aligned fairly well with what Ibis wanted (which was, a father figure for these children, and a solidly built family for herself), and if Reiko required such a committment then Ibis was happy to obey.

I want a family. I want to be safe, happy, and... Not alone. I'm so tired of it, Akavir; you don't know what I've been through, you... You don't know me much at all, but, I've had too many losses to count. Her lip quiverred but she held it together, refusing to cry in front of him or to let herself show too much weakness; this was a bit overwhelming and Ibis couldn't imagine what it felt like for the poor boy being roped in all of it. I want you to be happy too. If you think -- if we're ever not happy together, or if its all too much one day, you can tell me.

But that didn't really answer his question. Ibis quieted again, her words hanging heavily in the air. When she spoke next she was more self-assured. Will you m-marry me? Her eyes were shining pools of blue, glossy from tears she refused to let spill, but otherwise Ibis looked upon Akavir with an abundance of hope - and a shy, tremulous love.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Chandelier's still flickering here. - by Akavir - May 12, 2020, 08:06 PM
RE: Chandelier's still flickering here. - by Akavir - May 13, 2020, 01:30 PM
RE: Chandelier's still flickering here. - by Akavir - May 17, 2020, 09:05 PM
RE: Chandelier's still flickering here. - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 17, 2020, 11:28 PM
RE: Chandelier's still flickering here. - by Akavir - May 26, 2020, 07:06 AM