Blackbeak Bluff i brought my body to the altar
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away

Renard's understanding of what the ocean was was more theory than practice. A lot of stories. A lot of (bad) description. As it was turning out, theory had not been helpful. "Like a lake but bigger" didn't mean much when it came to putting a picture together in your head, which could at least justify the way they'd scoffed at the idea. No substitute for experience, and Renard knew that. Theoretically.

Somehow they were still surprised. None of that had done it justice. They gave a low whistle between their teeth, looking out over the edge of the cliff as the wind whipped back at them like it wasn't sure whether to push them over or away. They weren't bothered by heights but if anything was going to challenge that, it would be this view -- rolling grass all the way up to a sheer drop and the waves down below. Short stretches of sandy beach framed by jagged spikes of rock like teeth. And the water.

The lake thing hadn't been incorrect, persay, just grossly inadequate. It was much more than "bigger". From a vantage like this, it seemed endless.
Messages In This Thread
i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - May 29, 2020, 08:53 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Astaroth - May 29, 2020, 09:36 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - May 30, 2020, 12:12 AM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Astaroth - May 30, 2020, 10:06 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - May 31, 2020, 02:08 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Astaroth - May 31, 2020, 08:22 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - June 01, 2020, 05:42 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Astaroth - June 04, 2020, 08:01 AM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - June 05, 2020, 09:46 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Astaroth - June 09, 2020, 02:57 AM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - June 22, 2020, 10:49 PM