Stone Circle I took the stars from our eyes, and then I made a map
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
smile curves her muzzle at the approach of alsek, a quick once-over ensuring he is healthy and seemingly growing well. there was a sting that came in knowing that he'd left them, though understood how the deaths of his parents might have driven him here. still, she knew she'd failed the duo, one more than the other. 

her heart seizes a moment when he asked of Pele — how could he not know? he left around the same time she'd vanished, yes, but had none told him before now? the approach of the matriarch brings her a moment's pause, dipping her muzzle in greeting. "it's good to see you, Valette." she summons a dampened smile as she gestures first to her son, and then her daughter. "my children; winter, and juniper. their siblings are back at the stream with artyom," she explains. she wonders where the matriarch's children are off too, but does not move to ask. she assumes valette's had a new litter this year, as with all those previously, but knows better than to do so aloud. 

"I was hoping to talk with you, and check on alsek," her gaze falls on the boy, and she moves to address him now. "alsek — your sister, she vanished a few weeks ago. I'm so sorry; we tried, but we couldn't find her." she could offer hope - she might find her way back, she was smart and could be fine, but she can't. just as with surya's disappearance, she could not bear to offer false hope. similar tiredness rings valette; one she does not miss despite the easy amiability of the leader. it is something she wants to ask about, but her attention now remains on the boy who's just learned that the last trace of his immediate family has vanished.