Northstar Vale I love inside jokes; I'd love to be a part of one someday.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The sounds of play between the children were constant anytime they were awake, but it was the shift to a pitchy shriek that made Ibis react swiftly. At first she moved in because the noise was too sharp and she wanted to shush whichever daughter had erupted; however as she descended between them she saw Lilitu's little face melting in to tears, puffing up and distorting, and entirely lost her cool.

It was difficult enough to move around in their small den, harder still to get a glimpse at whatever had happened to Lilitu because of how Arielle crowded her. Ibis moved between them and after getting a little bit panicked and frustrated, picked up Arielle and plopped her by one hip while Lilitu sat at the other, then tried to inspect the girl's face. In the dim light Ibis couldn't quite make out the red sting mark.

Oh Lilitu, shhh, it will be okay, she tried to soothe, but Lilitu's face was starting to puff quite dramatically and Ibis did not know what to do.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I love inside jokes; I'd love to be a part of one someday. - by Ibis (Ghost) - August 14, 2020, 09:40 AM