Neverwinter Forest the beach, the way the water felt-
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
900<3

Why does this have to happen to us?

It was not her pain in this moment, but those words broke her.

Why,

why?! 

Why, when they always tried their damn hardest to keep happy and keep to themselves? All Huā had ever wanted was to protect Yuèlóng and her children! She was sure Mal had the same goals with his own people. But it was one thing on top of another- Ying's memory loss, the arrival of the bastards who called themselves saints, the kidnapping of her packmate and the general cruelty upon the innocent from nature and other wolves alike. And her pain in the past few months did not reach Mal's, for he had lost a child and co-parent for God's sake, but she knew that feeling. The feeling that no matter how hard you worked to be a wolf deserving of the universe's kindness, you would be snapped again and again by its whip and made to keep running. 

After all, she had only been a young girl when the universe first struck her so cruelly!

I'll never know. She breathed.

He buried himself in her fur as he spoke. She wanted to wrap him and his children up in a gentle place and hide them away from the evil world. 

Ying was right, all that time ago: Mal was a strong man. Only strong men broke so heavily, with all the weight they balanced so carefully on their shoulders. 

But he was right here, too; she had so much else to worry about. Being a pack leader came with the duty of making sure every member was okay, and then there was the task of raising her own children. 

I wish I could stay, too. She sighed after a moment, I wish Neverwinter and Yuèlóng were the same, so I could always be there for you. Minus all of Mal's Neverwinter lovers, of course. When he kissed her, she gave him a small smile, though it was weak and saddened by the moment. All I can do is make all my little time left here yours, and stay by your side. If you think my company would help... She looked into his eyes, hoping he would agree to her presence in what little remained of Yuèlóng's visit.

But would it only hurt him more, if he longed for her company in her absence? Or would he have another girl's fur to fall into and weep?
Messages In This Thread
the beach, the way the water felt- - by Huā - September 08, 2020, 01:19 PM
RE: the beach, the way the water felt- - by Mal - September 09, 2020, 02:19 AM
RE: the beach, the way the water felt- - by Huā - September 26, 2020, 05:15 AM
RE: the beach, the way the water felt- - by Mal - September 26, 2020, 06:05 PM
RE: the beach, the way the water felt- - by Huā - September 26, 2020, 09:58 PM
RE: the beach, the way the water felt- - by Mal - September 26, 2020, 10:31 PM
RE: the beach, the way the water felt- - by Huā - October 12, 2020, 03:28 AM
RE: the beach, the way the water felt- - by Mal - October 13, 2020, 01:52 AM
RE: the beach, the way the water felt- - by Huā - October 22, 2020, 09:43 PM
RE: the beach, the way the water felt- - by Mal - October 31, 2020, 02:19 AM
RE: the beach, the way the water felt- - by Huā - November 07, 2020, 06:03 PM