Broken Antler Fen every little lie gives me butterflies
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She leaned against him. Sometimes Ibis wondered what would become of them if Akavir had not been such a patient and loving creature; what if he had left, just like everyone else? What if she had told him the truth about the girls — that they didn't share fathers, that they weren't even his own — and he had abandoned them? There was still time. The girls were young and Ibis could not fathom telling anyone the truth of it yet; but she thought about how that might change the dynamic of the happy little family. Akavir could still change his mind about them at any point and flee for the hills.

This is probably the safest they've been in a long time, her husband expressed, doing his best to support her. Maybe he could see the distracted look that slid across her face, or the worry. So many worries. Yes, she acquiesced. This is the best we can do for them right now, at any rate... They couldn't move anywhere else now that winter was on its way. Still, Ibis was full of thoughts. Doubts.

She nosed through his dark furs in quiet contemplation. If this place proves to be... good, for us, all of us... What do you think about... adding to the family? Ibis stumbled over her proposition and felt herself blush; she offered this to more firmly root Akavir to the family, although he was already very devoted. He was a good man and Ibis hoped that by giving him true children, he would never leave. Little brothers and sisters for the girls.

A selfish thought borne of worry.
Messages In This Thread
every little lie gives me butterflies - by Akavir - December 11, 2020, 10:15 AM
RE: every little lie gives me butterflies - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 11, 2020, 04:24 PM
RE: every little lie gives me butterflies - by Lilitu - December 18, 2020, 01:10 PM
RE: every little lie gives me butterflies - by Akavir - December 26, 2020, 08:39 PM
RE: every little lie gives me butterflies - by Arielle - December 26, 2020, 09:56 PM
RE: every little lie gives me butterflies - by Ibis (Ghost) - December 30, 2020, 04:38 PM
RE: every little lie gives me butterflies - by Lilitu - December 31, 2020, 08:21 PM
RE: every little lie gives me butterflies - by Akavir - January 08, 2021, 11:02 PM
RE: every little lie gives me butterflies - by Ibis (Ghost) - January 09, 2021, 03:50 PM