Noctisardor Bypass hello, I watch you come and go
patron saint
are we all lost like you?
253 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Merrit had never met a wolf quite like Arbiter. She matched him well, size for size, and there did not seem a lick of her that was not strength and taut muscle. He would not have described her as beautiful; beauty was too dainty a word for the presence she commanded.

"Arbiter," he met her with a vacant dip of his head, "I am Merrit, and this," he tipped his muzzle toward his cousin, and introduced for him, since he did not expect him to say anything, after having said nothing since Valette had died, "is my cousin, Kallik." His ears tipped downward, the only betrayal of the sharp grief that passed through his chest and cracked his facade of stone. "There was an earthquake," he paused without wanting. Say it - but he had not yet said it aloud - and he still stole time, as long as he could.

"We are all that is left of Easthollow." Xan and Laurel sought different pasture. Ikiaq had disappeared, alongside Taktuq. Selamuit and Siarut? What of them? And what had happened to West, Polaris? Who would tell them, when they returned, and found Stone Circle vacant and abandoned? It was too much to think about right now. Kallik's safety was his priority, bringing him somewhere he would be protected from Ursus and the snake who led them.

But what remained? Arbiter would know, from his deflection. Surely. His mouth felt dry. He stilled, unnaturally.

"Valette is dead."
with quiet words I'll lead you in
Messages In This Thread
hello, I watch you come and go - by Merrit - January 23, 2021, 10:22 AM
RE: hello, I watch you come and go - by Kallik - January 23, 2021, 10:29 PM
RE: hello, I watch you come and go - by Arbiter - January 23, 2021, 11:46 PM
RE: hello, I watch you come and go - by Merrit - January 24, 2021, 08:02 PM
RE: hello, I watch you come and go - by Kallik - January 25, 2021, 09:14 PM
RE: hello, I watch you come and go - by Arbiter - January 26, 2021, 01:34 AM