Broken Antler Fen I filled your cup until it overflowed
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Things were quiet for the rest of the fen wolves, from the sounds of things. Ibis found herself envious of Maia; intimately, deeply envious. With so many blessings in her life — her husband, her children, a warm place to sleep at night and ample food in the winter — there was so much more to lose; by now Ibis had lost almost half of what she had built, but the same could not be said for Maia. She was free, able to roam if she wanted, unmoored from the stress of a scattered family or the loss of those beloved.

Maia's follow-up question pulled Ibis from her downward-spiral of thoughts. It was a question she had asked of others many times. To have it turned back upon her presented a curious feeling — and Ibis wondered about how to answer. What had she learned of her own time as a leader? What had Bhediya taught her, or beloved Reiko...?

It depends on the person. She said.

I led before, for a short time. I found it a struggle to handle all the responsibilities alone, and so I had friends to help me. I found it much easier with the support of my loved ones... And I think the only thing to worry about is... If everyone is safe, happy. Ibis did not want to make things sound so serious but could not shake the almost stoic look upon her face. I think it all has to do with trusting yourself. Admittedly, I follow my heart and always have... It had brought her to so many different places and people.

Here's a question for you, which might help: lets say someone you don't know is hurt, just out of range of the fen. What is the first thing you'd do? Ibis found herself quite curious to know the answer, and watched the other woman expectantly.
Messages In This Thread
I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Ibis (Ghost) - January 27, 2021, 06:39 PM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Maia - February 05, 2021, 04:40 PM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Ibis (Ghost) - February 05, 2021, 07:18 PM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Maia - February 10, 2021, 07:42 PM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Ibis (Ghost) - February 17, 2021, 10:55 AM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Maia - February 19, 2021, 11:34 AM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Ibis (Ghost) - February 19, 2021, 03:50 PM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Maia - February 27, 2021, 02:15 PM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Maia - March 06, 2021, 10:49 AM
RE: I filled your cup until it overflowed - by Maia - March 24, 2021, 10:40 AM