Broken Antler Fen when I am down I lay my hands upon the ground
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The mountain was no longer the same after the meteorite, and dare she think it, neither was she. Although the brunt of the loss was to other wolves, Ibis had tried to be present to lend aid where she thought it would be needed. Being useful during a time of her own uncontrollable loss had felt right; but it had been weeks since the visit to those ruins, with little to show for the effort except the images of broken bodies and a scattering of survivors. That, and, she had come away from the ordeal with aches and pains of her own which were slow to form.

At first she thought she'd slept at a weird angle and caused the ache in her body that way. There was tension in her shoulders and an overall dull pain in her joints. When Ibis finally became mobile and went looking for something to eat, the first look she had at an exposed cache caused her appetite to vanish. Had she gotten sick upon the mountain? Had they brought something back that had been incubating?

Ibis was lost to her thoughts - trying not to think of the one familiar thing this could be, when she heard someone moving among the ferns. She saw Eljay's profile and the sour look on his face. She was a little worried but mostly thankful for another distraction, this time on something other than the slightly bloated feeling she carried with her.

Hey there, she called to him, prancing over and waving her tail to garner his attention.
Messages In This Thread
RE: when I am down I lay my hands upon the ground - by Ibis (Ghost) - March 28, 2021, 01:46 PM