Broken Antler Fen when I am down I lay my hands upon the ground
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Eljay explained his family connections as he spoke about his children, though not in great detail. It was no surprise that a man of his age might have children already; Ibis wondered of her own girls, trying not to let herself be swept up in the sorrow of Arielle's vanishing or the absence of her husband. Rather than dampen an otherwise pleasant introduction with her grim life story right off the bat, she offered a kind little smile.

I admit, I often don't see a difference between my role and my own life. It feels like I'm always the auspex first. That said, Brecheliant has been a calm and happy place. No murders, no strange behavior from neighbors, no wild beasts to thwart their claim — some absences that hurt too deep for words, but Ibis had to believe she would see her family again one day.

Hearing that the pack would have a medic who was both older and likely more skilled than herself was, in short, a blessing to her ears. That he was a midwife was a good thing too considering the season. It did not strike Ibis as odd that this might be a woman's role taken by a man, as she had grown up with role reversals all over the place; she thought of her two mothers and how fortunate they were for their shared knowledge of things, and also how much easier life would be in Brecheliant to have even one iota of that information. Ibis was glad to hear that someone was around with that knowledge and perhaps she could learn something, too.

That is wonderful news, she commends.

I grew up among many women, I had two mothers back in Elysium... And they were skilled with herbs and the treatment of illness. I used to want that for myself, so I have some knowledge of the local plants and how to do some basic mending. Not that she meant to overtake the conversation, by any means. Ibis hoped the common ground would be a good start to a new friendship. And while I've had my daughters, I don't know too much about being a parent. The birth was hard and I don't recall having anyone to coach me through it. I think your skills will be very useful; whether Brecheliant welcomes a new generation this year or not, we are fortunate to have you.
Messages In This Thread
RE: when I am down I lay my hands upon the ground - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 13, 2021, 12:49 PM