Broken Antler Fen may you find solace in the gentle arms of sleep, despite the wolves outside your door
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Time seemed to crawl. The body she had found lay still while Ibis felt her pulse quickening, adrenaline spiking throughout her hormonal body. Was this a murder? Was this like the woman they had found drowned in the marsh months ago? There were stories of brigands and assaults from time to time, and now Ibis found herself thinking back; had she heard anything as she'd gone about her business in the fen? No; nothing was springing to mind except sorrow and guilt.

Then there was Teya. Ibis hadn't heard her approach. The girl's voice was sharp to Ibis' ears and she found herself flinching away from the sight of the body, the sound of the words, not really listening. Bridget came next, sweeping towards the dead fisher-wolf to inspect the remains; she looked hurried, out of breath.

She looks like how I feel, Ibis thought.

Do you have rites here? Bridget asked. Ibis greedily drank down some oxygen and twitched her head in a no.

I... I don't know. We should do something. I need to see my babies. Was all she surmised in the moment, turning hastily to leave things up to the two women. Teya was a raven, albeit too young maybe to have any idea what to do, and it felt unfair to leave things to Bridget alone. Ibis had a one-track mind now, moving in a trajectory that would take her to the hidden den and her children.
Messages In This Thread
RE: may you find solace in the gentle arms of sleep, despite the wolves outside your door - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 13, 2021, 01:17 PM