Broken Antler Fen I'm trying so hard not to get caught up now
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
As sad as Ibis felt following her discovery of Tambourine's body, she knew she had to stow her feelings and get back to being a mom. She was sad for the loss, but sadder because she hadn't even met the man prior to his end; the guilt she felt for losing out on that chance filled her up, choked her. She needed to see her children — so she relieved Eljay from his temporary visit and quickly nested in among the newborns. He had better things to be doing anyway, Ibis reasoned.

The smallest among the trio was a pale-coated girl. Ibis carefully nudged her sleeping shape. She was so small, the bundle could fit between Ibis' forearms right at her chest, and there was still room. Maybe she would grow; she would have to be very careful when moving around in the den... With a sigh, Ibis began to groom at the little girl's face. It didn't take many swipes to fully warm her and clean her downy coat.

You're like a little diamond, you know? She murmured down to the sleeping babe. One day you'll be big and strong, maybe even bigger than your brother. My little diamond... Hm, but that isn't a good name. Ibis pondered a little bit over it, and then came to an easy conclusion. Her other daughters had been named for those lost and beloved, and these children would be something new, something she would watch blossom.

Diantha. Ibis hummed; all of her talking roused the other two, though. The other girl made a squeak and punched the air, while the boy probed at Ibis' side, looking for a teat. Yes, you're next. I'll think of something, shhh...
Messages In This Thread
I'm trying so hard not to get caught up now - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 06, 2021, 05:29 PM