Broken Antler Fen I'm trying so hard not to get caught up now
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Jasmine will do for now, she muses, lingering on the name more-so out of exhaustion than decision. The child seemed more animated when Ibis had mentioned it, and while the mother knew her children were too small right now to hear or to make these decisions themselves, it was enough of a sign for her.

The last child to be named was, perhaps, her most prized; no, mothers were not meant to have favorites, but this boy was her first son — as well as a beautiful mess. Fattened by his latest meal and smelling sweetly, despite the foam of white spilling from his lips, Ibis thought he was the most precious of all her children.

A sentiment that might carry on through the boy's life.

And you, oh, my sweet boy.... Ibis hummed. She began to groom him, licking his face and carefully nuzzling at his rounded belly. You will surely grow big and strong with that appetite. Bigger than your sisters, and probably me. Just like your Uncle. @Okeanos; it hurt to think of him sometimes, but in this moment Ibis could only see this as a fresh start for the relationship she had lost.

She would find a way to pay tribute to Okeanos somehow. Though he may be gone, perhaps he lives in you. A piece of me does, and he's not so different, she was rambling — so very tired. Mmm... Roswell. For those rosy cheeks.

With that done, she finished cleaning him up and loosed a yawn overtop the children. Soon they would all be asleep together — one happy family.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm trying so hard not to get caught up now - by Ibis (Ghost) - May 28, 2021, 12:41 PM