Redhawk Caldera Kiss my (uh oh).
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Well, here was the moment of truth. Reyes had asked Ruenna to appeal to Towhee on his behalf, and Ruenna had turned him down, unwilling to oppose Towhee in such a personal matter. But Towhee asking for Ruenna's opinion changed the game, didn't it? 

Rue could not decide for certain whether Reyes posed a direct threat. Towhee had said that Caracal was attacked, but the kid looked fine to Rue. Believe it or not, Rue wasn't overly-opposed to a stricter brand of discipline. The Redhawk kids got away with murder around here, in her opinion. What Reyes intended to be discipline might have looked like an act of aggression to a protective mother. Without having witnessed the event herself, Ruenna couldn't judge it. 

The same went for the situation with Niamh, although that evidence was much more damning considering she had been pregnant, and the attack ultimately resulted in her death. 

Towhee sounded like she was leaning toward readmitting Reyes, so Ruenna indulged that train of thought. "What if there was a probationary rank he could be assigned? Similar to omega?" Redhawk Caldera didn't have traditional ranking system, but surely they could think of something fitting. "..And then after being monitored for a set period of time, he could earn his Tradesman rank and the pack's trust." 

It wasn't a perfect solution by any stretch, but there was risk no matter what they decided. The last thing she wanted was for harm to come to the pups... But what if they kept Reyes out, and Tierra ran away again? 

Ruenna also didn't want to sign on to any plan that involved monitoring Reyes's every move until the end of time; that sounded like a recipe for failure. Surely, if they gave Reyes the opportunity to redeem himself, he would rise to meet their expectations? Rue always had been one to assume the best of people. What would Fennec think? Rue had observed that she was not especially given to optimism, so she expected to hear a counter-opinion from the other Regent.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
Kiss my (uh oh). - by Towhee - July 27, 2021, 01:16 PM
RE: Kiss my (uh oh). - by Ruenna - July 27, 2021, 02:37 PM
RE: Kiss my (uh oh). - by Fennec - July 29, 2021, 12:53 AM
RE: Kiss my (uh oh). - by Towhee - July 29, 2021, 08:49 AM
RE: Kiss my (uh oh). - by Ruenna - July 30, 2021, 11:41 AM
RE: Kiss my (uh oh). - by Fennec - July 30, 2021, 04:15 PM
RE: Kiss my (uh oh). - by Towhee - July 31, 2021, 12:06 AM
RE: Kiss my (uh oh). - by Ruenna - July 31, 2021, 08:25 AM
RE: Kiss my (uh oh). - by Towhee - August 02, 2021, 10:23 AM
RE: Kiss my (uh oh). - by Ruenna - August 02, 2021, 12:03 PM
RE: Kiss my (uh oh). - by Towhee - August 02, 2021, 12:20 PM