Redhawk Caldera are you discussing or fussing or simply dreaming?
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
When Towhee's expression shifted suddenly, Ruenna leaned forward in concern, worrying that Towhee was experiencing another spell of pain. But no. Her face did not contort in pain, rather it lifted before drawing tight. As if Towhee had thought up some idea. Ruenna waited, assuming that she was about to hear Towhee elaborate on what she thought might be the source of her sickness. 

However, Towhee only brushed over Rue's concern once more. Rue opened her mouth to argue, but before she could speak Towhee delivered her very unexpected offer. 

Ruenna was taken aback. "I.. would like that, I guess," was her initial reaction. Her brow knit thoughtfully, mirroring Towhee's expression. Rue had been a beta so many times and for so long now that it was second nature for her to serve a leader. She had given little thought to what it might be like to lead in her own right, but it seemed like a natural enough next step. 

"My only hesitation is.. well, Phox. It wouldn't feel right to me to be ranked above him." Ruenna had told as much to Towhee before, so it likely wouldn't come as a surprise. "Unless you're suggesting we have three Sovereigns, when he returns..?" Wouldn't that be a little crowded? 

Come to think of it, wouldn't Towhee want to save a Sovereign position for her future mate? The next one would have stronger leadership qualities than Reyes, Ruenna dearly hoped. Was that what this whole "no homo" thing was about? The phrase was utterly foreign to Ruenna, although Towhee seemed to speak it whenever she offered Ruenna an assignment that would traditionally belong to a mate.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
RE: are you discussing or fussing or simply dreaming? - by Ruenna - August 26, 2021, 11:06 AM