Redhawk Caldera Lightning over Mexico.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Towhee started off strong with a good point, but then she concluded with a very bad one. 

"I don't think his reluctance to settle down is a true character flaw.. I think it's more a flaw in timing," Ruenna noted. Perhaps that would come across as overly optimistic and starry-eyed, but if she had learned anything from living in the Teekons, it was that anything and everything would change, given time.

"You should never settle for anything less than exactly what you want... and deserve."

"Oh, Towhee.." Ruenna murmured, brow knitting sympathetically. Were these the words by which Towhee lived? Because if they were, that would go a long way to explaining why she was still single. 

"Relationships require compromise. They're all about settling. What flaws am I willing to settle with? What assets would I settle for? If I cut loose the possibility of anyone who doesn't meet every standard I've devised in my mind, I'll end up alone." Although Ruenna still couched the advice in terms of her own love life, she meant for Towhee to hear it and apply it to her own situation. 

Of course, Ruenna giving relationship advice to Towhee was pretty much the blind leading the blind. Maybe they were both hopeless. 

Crowfeather. Ruenna chuckled. Cradle-robbing was much more Towhee's thing than her own. Besides, it was unlikely Ruenna would be appealing to a young man who could attract a pretty, graceful, nubile young woman of his own age. 

"I believe that Crowfeather and Germanicus are a package deal." The moment she said it, she knew Towhee would probably choose to interpret it as a sex thing. "Not that-! I mean, you know what I mean..." She moved quickly to amend her word choice, but couldn't quickly find the right replacement words. She ended up just laughing at herself and shaking her head.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
Lightning over Mexico. - by Towhee - November 01, 2021, 11:12 AM
RE: Lightning over Mexico. - by Ruenna - November 08, 2021, 11:54 AM
RE: Lightning over Mexico. - by Peregrine - November 08, 2021, 12:04 PM
RE: Lightning over Mexico. - by Towhee - November 08, 2021, 01:04 PM
RE: Lightning over Mexico. - by Ruenna - November 12, 2021, 04:09 PM
RE: Lightning over Mexico. - by Peregrine - November 16, 2021, 07:41 PM
RE: Lightning over Mexico. - by Towhee - November 16, 2021, 07:50 PM
RE: Lightning over Mexico. - by Ruenna - December 04, 2021, 11:21 AM
RE: Lightning over Mexico. - by Towhee - December 07, 2021, 11:48 PM
RE: Lightning over Mexico. - by Ruenna - December 11, 2021, 09:05 PM
RE: Lightning over Mexico. - by Towhee - December 13, 2021, 02:45 PM