Redsand Canyon why you looking so beautiful to me now when you're so sad
Loner
burying them there while we carry on.
320 Posts
Ooc —
arsenio arrived. qiao expected warmth and instead found frigidity. tension rippled under that sunfire pelt. a stare like icewater, newly steeled.

germanicus returned her gift. qiao accepted it gladly; better her belly be filled with warm meat than anyone else's.

what has ramesses sent you to see? germanicus asked, every bit as distrustful as rameesses had warned. what was it with men's obsessions with other men's meddlings? "everything. how much i decide to reveal to him lies in your control."

this was a game of two chief players - ramesses and germanicus. qiao stole across their hidden court on her own veiled missions. she served no order but that of the nine -- their whisperings had driven her to ramesses' doorsteps and promptly fell silent.

it was not her place to question fate. only to serve it.

careful to keep any semblance of threat from her voice, qiao spoke simply. of someone who had seen the truth for its horribleness and elucidated its importance the moment she spotted it. "whatever you choose general, ramesses will see fault in it.

send me away, and he will think you gather your strength under his armpit and make plans for coup.

keep me here, and he will think his plan is working and he is most clever for having done away with a nosy shrew. until he hears otherwise."
qiao's green eyes were lidded with quiet contempt.  "allow me to be of use to you, or you put each of our heads in jeopardy."
Messages In This Thread
RE: why you looking so beautiful to me now when you're so sad - by Qiao - January 14, 2022, 06:59 PM