Blackwater Islands You’ve got your powdered lies
"YOU WAKE UP IN THE DARK AND HEAR THE SCREAMING OF THE LAMBS..."
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
LMAO no not a headache at all I love your writing <3

I understand where you come from. I know what it means to be taught to feel nothing, to be driven to kill and crave the sensation. If it was what you used to believe, that I am a Saint? Don't. I've taken more lives than I can count and done so on the behalf of those who bade me do so. 

Alduin would listen dutifully as he speaks and tilts his chin up slightly at his words. Not in defiance, but to the fact that the two may just be able to relate to something. Perhaps they aren’t so different after all, it’s just their big, dumb, male egos that keep making them butt heads.

Still, the other man continues to speak strongly and Alduin continues to listen…

His next points are good ones. Alduin will admit to having experience by making many enemies out of one. His father mainly. The man makes enemies faster than he makes friends and his carefree and I-don’t-give-a-fuck nature is mainly why. Alduin though, he just remains unseen — unheard. He blends into the night, only travels when it rains — he takes precautions. He doesn’t have the want or need to interact with those outside his circle unless it is necessary for a mission. While his father usually likes to do everything himself and use his strength against most — Kynareth’s mouth got him in trouble much more often then his actions did.

So Alduin would file those words away for later. He would heed his word in that regard. Alduin nods his head to show this, his eyes hard with interest — with understanding. 

He goes on about the puppet and the puppeteer metaphor. Sayin Alduin shouldn’t be so frivolous about the idea of whether he dies or not. Making a point by sayin he’s more use to his puppeteers if he is alive. Sadly, he isn’t wrong there, but Banesteppe wouldn’t give a rats ass if he were to die tomorrow. Shit, after everything, that entity will probably be the one who kills him. So, therefore, the hellhound isn’t so sure if he will be able to change Alduin’s mind in that regard, but it doesn’t seem to be his main focal point.

Eventually, Arashi lowers his haunches to the ground and Alduin follows suit. His sitting stance, wide and dominant by nature. Though his head is in more of a relaxed position, slightly hung from his shoulders but upright enough for it to be obvious he’s still listening.

I will teach you to fight; enemies both big and small. I will teach you to see weakness and use it to your advantage; but, only if you truly admit to understanding what I have just said.

At that, Alduin would nod once in approval, but doesn’t do anything else while he listens.

Also, one more thing... if I am to be your mentor, you will treat me as such. I don't give a shit what your rank says or who you answer to. What I teach won't be free. I won't be tossed around like a bag of bones by you or anyone else on this forsaken island. You will respect me and listen to every word I tell you. If you don't, I'll walk away like this conversation never happened and you can either learn from someone else, or screw up and get yourself killed. Is this understood?

Though Alduin could do without the man’s attitude, he understands his desire not to be disrespected by their fellow pack mates. Alduin requires the same thing and he only gives respect to those who offer him their own respect. 

So finally Alduin would speak, his eyes never leaving the others own. “Understood,” He would say deeply, “if I respect you, then I expect the same of you.” That’s the hellhounds only stipulation: mutual respect.
[Image: dezcpd0-1faedfae-e3b1-4dc1-b270-4056322a...TmEKLfHlyM]
Messages In This Thread
You’ve got your powdered lies - by Alduin - February 10, 2022, 12:21 AM
RE: You’ve got your powered lies - by Arashi - February 10, 2022, 01:17 AM
RE: You’ve got your powered lies - by Alduin - February 10, 2022, 01:44 AM
RE: You’ve got your powered lies - by Arashi - February 10, 2022, 01:56 AM
RE: You’ve got your powered lies - by Alduin - February 10, 2022, 02:13 AM
RE: You’ve got your powdered lies - by Arashi - February 10, 2022, 02:28 AM
RE: You’ve got your powdered lies - by Alduin - February 10, 2022, 03:07 AM
RE: You’ve got your powdered lies - by Arashi - February 12, 2022, 11:23 AM
RE: You’ve got your powdered lies - by Alduin - February 13, 2022, 11:25 PM
RE: You’ve got your powdered lies - by Arashi - February 14, 2022, 01:44 PM