Redsand Canyon pollis
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Germanicus moved with a bit of stiffness, which was not unusual when he put in a long day's work. If he allowed it, Ruenna would work a bit of Aquene's medicinal balm into the fur along his back and shoulders. The balm had been quite soothing for her back, and really a blessing to her as she recovered from the physical activities of the week past. 

"Hmm. I was aware that Aquene had spent some nights in Kallik's chamber, but I imagined that was for safety and peace of mind."  Ruenna knew herself the terror that trauma could impose-- especially at night-- and it had made sense to her as to why Aquene might require a guardian nearby in order to rest easy. She had been through much in this past moon. "I suppose it was naive of me, to think there was nothing else afoot." 

A pause, and she allowed, "It did occur to me that their bond of trust might bloom into more than friendship. But I never imagined they would come up with such a ridiculous idea. How can there be courtship without the desire for marriage? What purpose does it serve?" Wolves courted in order to get to know one another on a deeper level, for the purpose of preparing for a married life together. If there was no desire for marriage, then Germanicus was correct-- courtship was little more than a distraction.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
pollis - by Germanicus - February 25, 2022, 11:33 AM
RE: pollis - by Ruenna - February 27, 2022, 04:33 PM
RE: pollis - by Germanicus - February 27, 2022, 05:06 PM
RE: pollis - by Ruenna - March 10, 2022, 03:41 PM
RE: pollis - by Germanicus - March 11, 2022, 11:48 PM
RE: pollis - by Ruenna - March 18, 2022, 11:39 AM
RE: pollis - by Germanicus - March 18, 2022, 01:51 PM