Wapun Meadow the smell of home, like sour peaches and linen
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
Just a whiff of something bad. That didn't make much sense to her, and she knew it likely wasn't the case. But as with every time before when he wasn't honest with her about what was going on inside his head, she didn't push; it would do no good because she knew he was too stubborn, and the bruin-heart was not feeling up to arguing. 

He hadn't looked at her at all, at it made her suddenly self-conscious. He had a way of changing her from the proud and vicious bruin-heart of Ursus into a stupid little girl who needed the approval of the boy she loved. She could feel the stupid tears again, and she drew in a quiet breath to steady her heart. Your head feels okay? she asked. The effects of his head injury seemed to cling to him; he was healing far too slowly for her comfort. But maybe this was how it was with a head injury like his. Time would only tell. 

I have something good for nausea if you need it. A tincture she had been working on. She took a seat, even though she couldn't shake the feeling that she should go home and leave him to whatever he was doing. It helped me the other day when I was feeling sick from something I ate. She continued to fill the silence because she couldn't bear to just sit there and avoid talking about the thing she knew they were both worried about.
Messages In This Thread
RE: the smell of home, like sour peaches and linen - by Arielle - April 29, 2022, 04:27 PM