Blackwater Islands i'm blue when the moon hits my skin right
472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
Private 
shaken to her core, the listener had withdrawn into long seclusion; for days she evaded even her beloved children. she fasted and prayed; she spoke to her god. the prophet had built herself high, and in one swift blow had been reminded of her mortal trappings. her mortal failings.

her god had seen fit to cut her down, for she had risen too high and presumed too much. she knew nothing. she knew no more than her fellow druids. she was their prophet, yes, but she was not their god.

@Ingram, her eternal reminder.

though humbled, the prophet emerged from those endless caverns still wreathed in the dark, imperious air that was her birthright. she was a servant subdued, but the highest of servants still. and now, as she had before, she would accept this second bitter gift. this second sweet curse. her husband, as beautiful a chain as the glittering skyrock she kept upon her altar.

she remembered his words. he loved her still. he wished to marry her.

she remembered his eyes on her.

bloodlust, her earliest desire; she felt it in the red edges of this new jagged want, this need. to merge, to rend and twist and carve their own shapes into one another until they fit in bloody jigsaw fashion.

he saw her. he saw the violence in her; the violence in his own soul.

and so the hunt began.

a test; a courtship. he would know that his soul's own mirror was worthy of him still, as she would know his worth. their savage courtship would stretch over days and nights, perhaps many.

the prophet, reduced to a feral and voidsent creature in the throes of this primal dance, thrummed with anticipation.

ever a creature of silence and darkness, she latched to his trail like some blood-maddened beast and kept to the darkest shadows. she would find him, and watch. he would feel her presence, but at every turn she would evade him. a battle of wills, until their physical forms met and were tested in turn.

so began their ancient dance, their courtship of blood and wild magick.

music (content warning!). i know our other thread is in progress but i wanted to get this up <33
Messages In This Thread
i'm blue when the moon hits my skin right - by The Listener - May 29, 2022, 04:13 PM