The Heartwood i guess we'll never know
"YOU WAKE UP IN THE DARK AND HEAR THE SCREAMING OF THE LAMBS..."
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
Sorry for the late reply :’) my muse died. I hope you guys are down to continue the thread. <3
And I’m sorry Al is a meanie but he will not injure her at all for timeline sake <3

Oh yes, choose your words carefully. The hellhound is a ticking time bomb ready to go off at any second. Alduin’s unreliable temper is something otherworldly and he feels it flicker in his chest at her first words drift through his ears.

Aww, so she doesn’t want to be close to him? How seriously disappointing. 

That was sarcasm.

But she continues…

I am looking for someone dear to me. Are you looking for something? She asks. A dark, rumbling laugh falls from Alduin’s lips. It’s absolutely humorless. 

“Then we search for the same thing, stranger. I hope you find what you’re looking for; as do I.” He hums in a way that could sound teasing.

And at first glance one might think he’s trying to relate. But no, sadly not. He’s not quite in the mood for that today. His mood is sour and the thought of more strangers wandering into his territory makes it more so. Though, he will not kill this one, he decides.

“Allow me to help you find it a bit faster then.” He jests drably. 

Except the second after he’s done talking he goes still, eyes narrowing in on her like she will be his next meal. It’s terrifying — heartless, emotionless — his gaze sociopathic.

Run.” He says firmly. “You get a three second head start.”

And with that, a rasping, ashen laugh splinters from deep in his chest and he snaps dangerous jaws in her direction. Intentionally missing her and most definitely wanting her to know that it’s an incentive to listen to his booming command.

He will not kill her, but damn straight he’ll chase her until the edges of ashen trees signal the end of their territory.
[Image: dezcpd0-1faedfae-e3b1-4dc1-b270-4056322a...TmEKLfHlyM]
Messages In This Thread
i guess we'll never know - by Agana - July 27, 2022, 02:32 PM
RE: i guess we'll never know - by Dreven - July 27, 2022, 06:42 PM
RE: i guess we'll never know - by Alduin - July 27, 2022, 08:27 PM
RE: i guess we'll never know - by Agana - July 28, 2022, 07:07 AM
RE: i guess we'll never know - by Dreven - July 28, 2022, 07:34 AM
RE: i guess we'll never know - by Alduin - July 28, 2022, 06:52 PM
RE: i guess we'll never know - by Agana - July 29, 2022, 06:51 AM
RE: i guess we'll never know - by Dreven - July 29, 2022, 07:11 AM
RE: i guess we'll never know - by Alduin - August 16, 2022, 05:36 PM