Sleepy Fox Hollow the universe offers a paradox too great for the finite mind to grasp
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
His question seemed to snap something inside Siku. There were tears and yelling. He was angry, and Kallik understood. Germanicus had sent him away, and Kallik had chosen to accept the mission. Aquene had left to find him. It had damaged their boys in a way he feared was irreparable. But he would never give up. Siku could hate him forever and Kallik would still try to fix things. 

He let his son spew his anger at him, his face blank aside from a faint frown, his demeanor calm. He had expected this. That hadn't made it any less painful. 

Son, I am sorry. I shouldn't have left. His voice was calm and careful. He wanted to explain how it wasn't his choice to be gone so long, but he worried it would only make things worse, like Siku would think he was just making excuses. Mereo is not to blame for me or your mother leaving; I am. The imperator did care about them, but without Kallik's guidance, they had not been prepared for Germanicus' rules. It wasn't easy to see the imperator's feelings based on words alone, but Kallik had always seen it in his actions. It was something he could have eased the twins into if he hadn't left.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
RE: the universe offers a paradox too great for the finite mind to grasp - by Kallik - December 13, 2022, 10:54 PM