Greatwater Lake But my knees are bruised, from kneelin' to you
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

596 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
Nazli was all mixed up. She had a sense of ennui about the entire ordeal, and a great amount of fear, but mostly her heart hurt with how badly she missed the palace already. She found this place beautiful in its own ways: the lake was the largest standing water she had ever seen! And it went on for miles, so far that she could not see across it! And there was mist among the trees, or rippled across the water; and tall birds, and the sharp smell of fish — it was life, and it was everywhere!
And the man, Khaba, had found her a place to hide. It was small enough for her to crawl inside and wide enough after, to turn around and be cozy; she could make it better over time, depending on how long they stayed. How long would they stay? Khaba did not give any clues. He spoke with more certainty of permanence.
I could help? She offered, peeking out from the den mouth with her muddy, blue-gray snout. Her expression was raw and tired, but she could not fathom letting him do all the work, especially given her training.
Messages In This Thread
RE: But my knees are bruised, from kneelin' to you - by Nazli - March 24, 2023, 08:10 PM